Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not sure if this is a new product, but I got a sample of Ball Simple Creations No Cook Freezer Jam Fruit Pectin at Wal-Mart along with some recipes. More info at www.freshpreserving.com
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) packageball simple creations no cook freezer jam pectin
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular
- 3 cups peaches, crushed, pitted, peeled (about 12 medium OR 3 16 oz bags frozen)
- 1 cup pear, crushed, cored, peeled
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 small lemon, juice and zest of
- Stir sugar and contents of package in a bowl until well blended.
- Add peaches, pears, gingerroot and lemon zest and juice. Stir 3 minutes.
- Ladle jam into clean jars.
- Twist on lids and let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Tip: For best results, use fully ripe pears and crush with a potato masher.
I found the lemon to be a bit strong and the pear too subtle, but I liked the ginger and peach.
REALLY good jam. I made a few modifications...I used my blender to really chop everything up and mix together. I only used one cup of sugar and once everything was put together, I simmered the concoction for approx 10 minutes to thicken. Next time I think I will simmer even longer. Everyone loved it!