1/1 Photo of Gingered Parsnip Bisque
If you like parsnips you will like this pleasing soup. Add a crunch to this velvety soup by topping it with plain croutons if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in heavy pot over medium heat.
- 2Add next 5 ingredients and saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in broth and parsnips; bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until parsnips are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 5Cool slightly.
- 6Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth.
- 7Strain into another large pot; discard solids in stainer.
- 8Whisk in half and half.
- 9Simmer soup over medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- 10Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered Parsnip Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.6
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 160.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 8.3 g