1/2 Photos of Gingered-Mango Habanero Sauce
when searching for a bottled marinade/sauce that is discontinued, I came across this recipe. Not what I was looking for at the time, but it's definitely a keeper. Try it on top of ice cream...REALLY. The serving size will vary depending on what you use it for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. remove the stem from the habanero and toss into the food processor. Pulse until you have tiny pieces.
- 22. Peel the mango and remove the flesh. Add to the food processor and process until the mango is completely smooth
- 33. Pout the mixture in a medium saucepan and cook on low heat.
- 44. Add the lime juice, ginger and sugar. Add 1 cup of water/juice.
- 55. Bring to a boil and continue to cook on low until sauce is reduced and thickened -- about 30-45 minutes. Taste and adjust the sugar and water to cater to your needs.
- 66. Allow to cool and refrigerate overnight
- 77. use as a dipping sauce, marinade or dessert sauce.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered-Mango Habanero Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 45.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: