Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Refreshing and elegant this Gingered Key Lime-White Chip Cookie Tart is the perfect ending to a springtime dinner.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1⁄3 cup key lime juice
- 1 drop green liquid food coloring
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- lime slices or fresh lime zest
- FOR CRUST:.
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F Grease 14-inch pizza pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and powdered sugar in large mixer bowl.
- Beat in egg and almond extract.
- Gradually bet in flour mixture until well blended.
- With clean hands, mix in 1 1/2 cups chips, 1 cup almonds and ginger.
- Spread dough evenly on bottom of prepared pan; build up sides of dough at edge of pan. Place piece of foil on rack below pan to catch drippings.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- FOR LIME FILLING:.
- Combine lime juice and food coloring. Sprinkle gelatin over juice mixture.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in juice mixture on low speed.
- Spoon filling over tart, leaving edges uncovered (filling will be thin). Refrigerate for 2 hours or until filling is set.
- Place remaining chips in small, heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; knead.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, kneading until smooth.
- Cut small hole in corner and bag and squeeze to drizzle over filling.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Garnish with lime slices.
OH YUMMMMM!!!!!!! This was to die for. I took it to church and everybody raved about it and asked for the recipe.