Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Quick Cooking Magazine (now called Simple & Delicious). Ginger, honey, garlic powder and green onion blend nicely in an easy marinade that gives pleasant flavor to salmon - one of my favorite fish.
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds and 3/4 inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill.
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well.
- Set aside 1/3 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container; add salmon and turn to coat.
- Seal or cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Place the salmon skin side down on grill.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes.
- Baste with reserved marinade.
- Grill 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.