Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another way to fix green beans, hope that you enjoy them.
- 1 lb green beans, washed and cut to size
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 -3 hot chili peppers
- fresh ground black pepper
- Pour 2 cups water into heavy-bottomed pot, Bring to boil over high heat; boil until crisp tender, approximatly 6 minutes; Drain beans and cool slightly.
- Pour oil into heavy skillet and heat over medium-high heat, add ginger, garlic, salt and chili peppers, saute 1 minute, add beans and saute 2 minutes, stirring.
- Remove chili peppers, taste and adjust salt and pepper, serve.
This is awesome! The last time I made this, I used a steaming bag to cook the beans in the microwave and then finished them on the stove. Easy 10 minute dish with great flavor!
These are soooo good!! I omitted the red chilies because I cannot eat them. I had leftovers which I warmed up the next day for lunch and added more pickled ginger. Yummy!! Since green beans are coming into season now, I will be making this often. Thanks for a great recipe Barb.