Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
Taken in Coup de Pouce. It's a fast and healthy recipe.
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable stock or 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- In a thick bottom frying pan, grill the sasame seeds at medium heat, shaking it from time to time, for 3 minutes or until they're golden. Set aside.
- In a non-stick frying pan with cover, heat the oil at medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, salt and pepper and cook for about 30 seconds or until garlic and ginger begins exit their aroma. Add green beans and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add vegetable stock, cover and cook 6 minutes. Remove the cover and keep on cooking for about 2 minutes or until the liquid is evaporated and green beans are tender but still crisp. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This was so delicious! I could have eaten only green beans for dinner. This would be good on other veggies too, like broccoli. We forgot to put the seeds on but I remembered when getting seconds and it was good both ways. Thank you
I did not do the sesame seeds, but followed the directions for the rest. These were delicious. I adore ginger and garlic, and this had the right amount of both. These are on the stove again today, and will be a standard in my house. Wonderful recipe.
WOW! My children (as us as well) loved this dish very much. We love the ginger, garlic and semame combo!
Done for "Ramadan Tag Game 2011" with an addition of carrots for "Stop and Color August in the Photo Forum". Yummy!
Completed with nasi lemak (Indonesian coconut rice) fried onion and roasted peanuts.
Really great I should make make more of these!
Thanks a lot for your recipe!