Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a very sticky gooey tofu, almost tofu taffy. it tends to stick to itself and everything else. Its a bit of an aquired taste...
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- 450 g firm tofu, cubed
- 175 g brown sugar
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 cm fresh ginger, grated
- Heat about 12mm/1/2 inch of oil in saucepan
- add the tofu and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Pour off the excess oil
- add the sugar, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper and continue to cook, turning from time to time, until the tofu well coated and sugar is just beginning to get sticky.
- Serve hot over rice, or noodles.
I like this quite a lot, though I found it a bit too sweet as it was. I added some miso paste and was very happy with the end result. (Ate it with brown rice.) Thanks for sharing!