Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my favorite shrimp/pasta dishes....we have this dish very often at our house.
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder (or more if desired for a stronger taste) or 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 -3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 -5 fresh plum tomatoes, diced or 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided or 1 pinch dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil, divided or 1 pinch dried basil
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp or 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups angel hair pasta, cooked
- In a large skillet, saute the ginger and garlic in butter and oil for 2 mins, or until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, parsely and basil, or the dried spice, if using.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the water; add to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 mins or until thickened.
- Reduce the heat; add the shrimp; simmer, uncovered for 2-3 mins, or until the shrimp turns pink.
- Add the cooked pasta and the remaining parsley and basil; toss to coat.
Love the way the ginger and garlic complement the shrimp. This is one of our favorite dishes. Be sure to treat yourself and use fresh gingerroot.