Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love flank steak, hope that you also enjoy this recipe. Recipe comes from Cooking Light. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar or 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- cooking spray
- Combine steak and 1/4 cup soy sauce in a large zip-lock plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Remove steak from bag, discarding the marinade.
- Prepare grill or broiler, spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the sugar and the remaining ingredients except for cooking spray in a bowl.
- Place the steak on the grill or broiler that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness, basting frequently with 1/4 cup ketchup mixture.
- Let the steak stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut the steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Drizzle the steak with the remaining ketchup mixture.
- Yield 4 servings (3-ounces each and about 1 tablespoon Ketchup mixture).
I was looking for something new to do with Flank Steak and boy, did I find a winner! I have to admit that I was a little worried how it would turn out because it was so simply marinated. But the sauce that you make to baste the steak and drizzle over when it's done really makes the dish! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe Barb!
This was awesome! I madeit just like the above recipe except that I used a London Broil because I didn't have any flank steak on hand and it turned out amazingly juicy and flavorful. I highly recommend this recipe.