1/3 Photos of Gingered Fish from the Islands
This tasty exotic dish served with vegetable topping and dipping sauce will be one of our favorites. The original cooking way would be on the fire; Fish and vegetables wrapped together in banana leaves (the banana leaf can be replaced with aluminium foil). This homey version can be easily prepared in a baking mold in the kitchen oven. Done and posted for ZWT7
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 sea bream (about 2 pounds total or other whole fish)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, clear
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 green onions, sliced (or 2 scallions)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled, in very fine stripes
- 1 bell pepper, in very fine stripes (any color or other not sweet peppers for example hungarian)
- 1 fresh chili pepper, seed removed in very fine stripes
- 1 tablespoon vegetal oil
- 1Make dipping sauce first. Mix all ingredients and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven for broiling (480 F, 250 C).
- 3Clean fish and pat dry. With a sharp knife cut 2 or 3 into the flesh slightly on the thickest part.
- 4Add all ingredients for the marinade. Smear the marinade onto the fish on both sides and into the cavity. Let ginger fibers inside of the fish.
- 5Set aside for 30 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile prepare your vegetables (ginger, pepper, green onion or scallions).
- 7Mix the ingredients for the topping in a pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or put them in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- 8Oil a grilling pan or use a non sticky sheet and put fish on it. Put fish into the oven and broil for about 8 minutes on the first side.
- 9Turn the fish and top with the vegetable mix.
- 10Broil for further 8 minutes.
- 11Take fishes out of the oven and transfer it on service plates.
- 12Serve the dipping sauce in a separate small bowl.
- 13Enjoy it!
- 14Note: I used one sweet Hungarian pepper for this recipe.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered Fish from the Islands
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1266.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: