Recipe by Sharon123
I'm on a fig rampage!!! But seriously, these are yummy!
Top Review by chia
this was easy to prepare with dried figs. i added some candied ginger during the last 15 minutes of cooking time. this had alot more liquid than most fruit compotes that i prepare, but i usually use port or brandy for figs. i think 1 cup of water would have been more than enough. the ginger flavor was very nice.
- 20 dried figs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place figs and water in saucepan.
- Bring to hard boil, then lower heat and simmer.
- Cover figs and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add molasses, ginger and sugar.
- Stir gently in order to avoid breaking figs.
- Simmer for 15 minutes more or until figs are plumped and tender.
- Wonderful with meat or on their own!
- Makes 5 to 6 servings.