Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a breeze to make. Perfect with checken or beef.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups converted white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 -3 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Heat the butter in a large ovenproof skillet, preferably one that has a tight-fitting lid (If you don't have a tight fitting lid, just use aluminum foil to cover!).
- When the butter sizzles, add the mushrooms, onions, and seasoning mix.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes, then add the rice and ginger.
- Stir in the stock, 2 cups heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and check to see if there is still some liquid in the bottom of the pan.
- If not, add the remaining cup of cream.
- Let sit until the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes, before serving.
i love the flavor, but my rice wasn't fully cooked- had to add it to the micro for 7 minutes , and it was perfect. i used basmati, maybe that was the problem-i halved the recipe but still used the 2 c chicken stock and cream--