Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cream cheese is to me what chocolate is to others...I use it in so many ways. This is another winner!
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest, fresh
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Put cream cheese out for at least 1/2 hour to soften.
- Toast the muffins.
- Combine cheese, ginger and zest. Thin out with juice. Add just drops at a time until it reaches a texture you like. Add some sugar as desired.
- Spread on muffins. Make sandwich.
- If you like a thicker coat of cream cheese, increase the amount you make.
This was a nice change of pace for breakfast. I enjoyed the contrast between the sweetness of the cream cheese and the spicy bite of the ginger. I think that next time I will add a bit less orange juice because the cream cheese mixture did thin out a little bit too much for me and I only went with one tablespoon. Made for My Three Chefs.