Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Rick Rodgers; Celebrations 101. Can be made up to 1 week ahead
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the cranberries, sugar, ginger, and ½ cup water to a boil, stirring often to dissolve the sugar.
- Decrease heat to med-low; simmer uncovered, stirring often, until all the berries have burst (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl and cool completely; serve at room temperature.
This was very good but needed more sugar for our tastes. It was a pleasant compliment to our dressing and turkey for Thanksgiving....very fresh and MUCH better than canned cranberry sauce.