1/1 Photo of Gingered Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
1 hr 5 mins
This bread toasts well for breakfast. Adopted this recipes in September 2006. Looks lovely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter and flour a 9-by-5-inch (8-cup) loaf pan and reserve.
- 3Sift together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon; reserve.
- 4In a mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together with the ginger.
- 5Then add eggs and pumpkin and mix.
- 6Add dry ingredients in 3 batches, alternating with the milk, beating in just long enough to combine.
- 7Take care not to overmix at this point.
- 8Fold in chopped cranberries.
- 9Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- 10Tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles and bake in preheated oven for about 1½ hours, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center.
- 11After 45 minutes, rotate pan and place a sheet of aluminum foil loosely over loaf to prevent overbrowning.
- 12(Ovens bake differently so use your best judgment and a doneness test when gauging cooking time.) Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack and turn right-side-up to cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 370.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g