This bread toasts well for breakfast. Adopted this recipes in September 2006. Looks lovely.
Make and share this Gingered Cranberry Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9-by-5-inch (8-cup) loaf pan and reserve.
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon; reserve.
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together with the ginger.
- Then add eggs and pumpkin and mix.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 batches, alternating with the milk, beating in just long enough to combine.
- Take care not to overmix at this point.
- Fold in chopped cranberries.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles and bake in preheated oven for about 1½ hours, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center.
- After 45 minutes, rotate pan and place a sheet of aluminum foil loosely over loaf to prevent overbrowning.
- (Ovens bake differently so use your best judgment and a doneness test when gauging cooking time.) Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack and turn right-side-up to cool.
YUMMY! I have a new favorite pumpkin cranberry bread recipe. I chose this recipe because of the fresh ginger and cranberries. LOVE the fresh ginger taste and smell. I made pumpkin puree from scratch because my son was at the pumpkin patch last week and he wanted me to make pumpkin bread with it. I used fresh whole cranberries because I love cranberries. They add a nice tart taste to the sweet bread. Some people may not like the tartness but I love it. I thought the batter looked runny but I followed the recipe exactly and had to have faith - the recipe was right again. I baked four mini-loaves in about 40 minutes. I am going to make these for holiday gifts - may omit cranberries for the general public. Thank you for a wonderful recipe. LOVE IT.
Fantastic!!! The ginger is KEY! Even if you didn't want to put cranberries in this, it would still be a great pumpkin bread recipe. This is the most flavorful pumpkin bread I've ever eaten. All my other recipes seem bland compared to this!
I made this for Thanksgiving this year, and my family inhaled it! I thought the fresh ginger was a pain to grate, but it sure made a difference. The bread was very moist, and I loved the dried cranberries in it. I didn't chop the cranberries, they were already small enough. I'm definitely saving this recipe for next year!