Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Make your own flavored coffee! So good!
- 6 tablespoons ground coffee, not instant
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped candied ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups water
- whipped cream
- cinnamon stick
- Mix coffee, orange peel, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Put in coffee filter.
- Brew according to directions for your coffee maker.
- Pour into mugs.
- Place cinnamon stick in each mug.
- Put a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Mmmmm, delicious! What a great coffee. I enjoyed this very much and it's so easily made with things that I always have on hand. I slivered a tiny piece of candied ginger and used it on top of the cream. Made for Comfort Cafe, Jan '10.
I decided to begin my morning with this delightful pot of coffee! What a treat! The fresh brewed aroma filled the air tempting my taste buds so that it was difficult to wait until the entire pot was ready. I made exactly as directed (omitting the whipped cream for my breakfast cup) by our own famous MizzNezz! Thanks so much for posting, MizzNezz : )
The best spiced coffee ever - I made a test batch last week and served this at our Chrismas Morning Brunch. It was spicy but we like it that way and also found that Fat Free French Vanilla Coffee mate made a nice addition. Thanks !