Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the "Wok Cuisine" cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 red peppers or 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 75 g Chinese egg noodles, cooked
- 1 cup peas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Stir-fry garlic and ginger in hot oil for 15 seconds (use up to 2 tsp ginger for a little stronger flavor).
- Add peppers (can use a mixture of colored peppers for more colorful soup), carrot, and onion, and stir-fry 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, add peas, cooked noodles and lemon juice. Freshly squeezed lemon juice is highly recommended.