Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the October & November 2008 issue of Taste of Home magazine. This recipe was submitted to the magazine by Judy Komarinski of Greensburg, Pennslyvania. This is a great, fairly quick meal, bursting with flavor. I just doubled the recipe for a family of four. Prep time does not include overnight marination.
- 354.88 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 14.79 ml butter
- 236.59 ml uncooked instant rice
- 236.59 ml frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a small skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken breasts in butter for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. In a greased 8 inch square baking dish, combine rice with reserved marinade; top with chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Top with broccoli; cover and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.