Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from my prevention slow cooking book. I plan on making it part of my Thanksgiving Dinner.
- 12 -14 medium carrots, cut into sticks about 2-inch x 1/2-inch
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, at room temp
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Place carrots in 3 1/2-quart or large slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine margarine, mustard, sugar, and ginger. Stir into carrots.
- Cover and cook on high 2 to 3 hours or until carrots are tender.
- Per serving: 80 cals, 1 g pro,18 g carb, 1 g fat, 0 sat fat, 0 mg chol, 2 gr fiber,170 mg sodium.