Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different and sweet way to serve carrots that everyone enjoys. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May, 1980)
- 10 carrots, peeled,halved crosswise and quartered lengthwise
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Boil carrots for 8-10 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients in skillet over medium heat, stirring until butter melts.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add carrots and toss well until coated.
These were a big hit at dinner last evening. Easy to make plus tasty & sweet. I think next time i may try a little more ginger. Thank you Ellie for sharing your recipe.
Another vote for this recipe. It is great!
These were gobbled up!! My daughter wanted to lick her plate. LOL! I used brown sugar instead of white and baby carrots cut in half. Thank you!