Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love fresh carrots! I also love ginger, so depending on your personal tastes, you might want to reduce the quantity I've specified here. I tend to buy my carrots pre-matchsticked to save time. Prep time doesn't include cutting time, but cooking time includes chill time
- 3 -4 carrots, peeled and cut into fine matchsticks
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- To make your own garlic-infused olive oil: Thinly slice a clove of garlic (or more, depending on your taste) and add slices to 2 tbsp of olive oil in a small pot. Heat oil and garlic until garlic is very lightly browned. Watch carefully - do not burn! Remove from heat and scoop garlic out of oil with a slotted spoon. Discard garlic. Allow oil to cool.
- Put carrots in a bowl and stir in oil and grated ginger.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Season salad with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in poppy seeds just before serving.