Lisa in Acworth, GA's Note:
This is the moistest, tastiest carrot cake! My husband is not usually a fan of carrot cake but loved this because it was so, so moist. Fairly quick and easy to make and well worth the effort. Came from Better Homes & Gardens February 1995 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 beaten eggs
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or 1 tablespoon apricot brandy
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup mixed dried fruit (optional)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, carrot, oil, dried fruit bits (if using) and ginger. Stir the egg mixture into the dry mixture. Pour into prepared pans.
- 4Bake in 350 oven for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 5To make frosting: beat together 2 packages of cream cheese, butter and orange juice. Gradually beat in enough sifted confectioner's sugar to make frosting of spreading consistency.
- 6Frost top, middle and sides of cake and press nuts into frosting, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.7
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 106.4 mg
- Sodium 252.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 78.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g