Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
fromt he rocky mountain news wednesday paper
- 18 carrots, peeled
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water, add more as needed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- half the carrots lengthwise and cut to 1 inch lengths.
- place in a large saucepan and cover with broth and water.
- bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer 13-15 minutes or till tender drain and return carrots to the saucepan.
- melt the butter in a small suace pan.
- stir in the brown sugar and both gingers.
- pour the butter mixture over the carrots and warm for about 2 minutes over very low heat stirring occasionaly.
- salt and pepper to taste.