Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The results will surprise you due to the simplicity of making this. Even people who claim to not like squash love this.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash, peeled & cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- sea salt
- white pepper
- Steam the squash in a steamer basket over boiling water for about 15 minutes, until very tender.
- Transfer squash to a bowl, add remaining ingredients.
- Mash to a coarse consistancy with a potato masher or fork. Serve.