Recipe by Cooking Master
Ginger biscuit recipe. I have just baked a batch this morning. Great for tea or breakfast.
- 100 g butter
- 300 g wheat flour
- 1 medium egg
- 100 g white sugar
- 70 g maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl: mix sieved flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder and sugar. Remove the mixture.
- Add the butter and mix. Rub it until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the egg and add slowly the maple syrup. Mix until smooth and even.
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture. Mix it until you finish with a big, round ball of dough.
- Put the ball of dough inside a plastic bag, and leave it in the fridge for about 45 minutes (it'll get easier to extend). Preheat oven at 325ºF (170ºC).
- First of all, get the dough out of the bag. Extend it with a rolling pin until it is about 1/5 inch thick (0.5 cm).
- Cut it either with biscuit cutter or knife.
- Bake, for 15 to 25 minutes. Leave them outside the oven for a while for them to cool down and get crunchy.