1 hr 40 mins
Cooking Master's Note:
Ginger biscuit recipe. I have just baked a batch this morning. Great for tea or breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl: mix sieved flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder and sugar. Remove the mixture.
- 2Add the butter and mix. Rub it until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- 3In a smaller bowl, beat the egg and add slowly the maple syrup. Mix until smooth and even.
- 4Add this mixture to the flour mixture. Mix it until you finish with a big, round ball of dough.
- 5Put the ball of dough inside a plastic bag, and leave it in the fridge for about 45 minutes (it'll get easier to extend). Preheat oven at 325ºF (170ºC).
- 6First of all, get the dough out of the bag. Extend it with a rolling pin until it is about 1/5 inch thick (0.5 cm).
- 7Cut it either with biscuit cutter or knife.
- 9Bake, for 15 to 25 minutes. Leave them outside the oven for a while for them to cool down and get crunchy.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 28.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g