8 hrs 20 mins
Chef 'Diva Divine's Note:
Got this out of Cooking Light Cookbook 1996
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce, plus
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gingerroot (peeled, minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, plus
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil (divided)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups snow pea pods (trimmed)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1Slice steak diagonally.
- 2Combine soy sauce & next 3 ingredients in a large ziplock.
- 3Add steak, seal and shake until well coated. Marinate in fridge at least 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 4Drfain, researving marinade. Set steak aside . Combine marinade beef broth, & cornstarch & set aside.
- 5Coat large skillet with cooking spray and heat at medium high heat until hot. Add veggies except green onions and stir fry until they are tender crisp. Remove pepper mixer and set aside.
- 6Add 1tsp oil to skillet/wok. Add steak, green onions, stir fry 5 minutes or till desired doneness. Add pepper mixture and toss well.
- 7Be sure to stir marinade mixture and add to steak mixture. Heat to a boil.
- 8Excelent served over Jasmine Rice yyuummmmyyyyy!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered Beef & Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.1
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 747.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
snow pea pods