Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Got this out of Cooking Light Cookbook 1996
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce, plus
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gingerroot (peeled, minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, plus
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil (divided)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow pea pods (trimmed)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- vegetable cooking spray
- Slice steak diagonally.
- Combine soy sauce & next 3 ingredients in a large ziplock.
- Add steak, seal and shake until well coated. Marinate in fridge at least 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drfain, researving marinade. Set steak aside . Combine marinade beef broth, & cornstarch & set aside.
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray and heat at medium high heat until hot. Add veggies except green onions and stir fry until they are tender crisp. Remove pepper mixer and set aside.
- Add 1tsp oil to skillet/wok. Add steak, green onions, stir fry 5 minutes or till desired doneness. Add pepper mixture and toss well.
- Be sure to stir marinade mixture and add to steak mixture. Heat to a boil.
- Excelent served over Jasmine Rice yyuummmmyyyyy!