Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wonderful medley of flavors, lovely presentation. Great for dinner parties!
Make and share this Gingered Beef in Lettuce Cups recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (toasted)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 fresh garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak (trimmed and cubed)
- 2 stalks celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups carrots (shredded)
- 3 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 3 stalks bok choy (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 head boston lettuce (washed and separated)
- Combibe soy sauce, sugar, oil, ginger, cayenne, and garlic until blended.
- Add cubed steak, turning to coat with sauce, and marinate 15 minutes at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- In large skillet, combine celery, carrots, and bok choy with 1/3 cup water, Bring to boil.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add steak & sauce. Cook 2 minutes until pink is gone, stirring quickly and constantly. Stir in scallions and sesame seeds; cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Place lettuce leaf on each dinner plat. Spoon beef mixture on leaf.
- Garnish with green-onion tops.