Mims & Squims's Note:
Wonderful medley of flavors, lovely presentation. Great for dinner parties!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (toasted)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 fresh garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak (trimmed and cubed)
- 2 stalks celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups carrots (shredded)
- 3 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 3 stalks bok choy (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 head boston lettuce (washed and separated)
- 1Combibe soy sauce, sugar, oil, ginger, cayenne, and garlic until blended.
- 2Add cubed steak, turning to coat with sauce, and marinate 15 minutes at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- 3In large skillet, combine celery, carrots, and bok choy with 1/3 cup water, Bring to boil.
- 4Cook 2 to 3 minutes until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add steak & sauce. Cook 2 minutes until pink is gone, stirring quickly and constantly. Stir in scallions and sesame seeds; cook 1 minute, stirring.
- 6Place lettuce leaf on each dinner plat. Spoon beef mixture on leaf.
- 7Garnish with green-onion tops.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered Beef in Lettuce Cups
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.6
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 890.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 35.0 g