Recipe by txzuckerbaeckerin
Another one for summer--great for ginger and banana-lovers alike.
Top Review by 819946
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! This is the kind of stuff you wish your mamma woulda made! Recipe is perfect as is; it requires nothing to improve it ( which is very, very rare) This one would be on my last meal wish list.
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 bananas, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 10 crepes
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate, melted
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Stir in sugar and ginger, stirring until sugar is melted.
- Stir in cream; boil 1 minutes.
- Add banana slices; heat through, about 1 minute.
- Warm crepes lightly.
- Spoon 1/3 cup filling on one half of each crepes; fold other half over.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the folded crepes and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve while still warm.
- Tip: you can generously brush or drizzle the warm crepes with banana liquor for a grown up taste, before you add the filling.