Recipe by Olha
Hot or cold, plain or topped with ice cream, this crumble is tasty. For variety, leave out the apricots and make a traditional apple crisp if you’d like.
- 1 cup orange juice or 1 cup apricot nectar
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 8 large)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside.
- Arrange apple in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom; stir into the apricot mixture.
- Spoon over apples.
- Combine TOPPING ingredients; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350 F.
- for 50 to 60 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender.
- Yield: 12 servings.
- Country Woman.