Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This slaw has no cabbage. It really is made from apples. The recipe comesffrom a grocery store pamphlet.
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 fuji apple, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, and ginger.
- Add apple, cheese, and cilantro; toss to combine.
Adored the savory twist on the tasty apple salad, I did make two very minor changes the first was to use Colby cheese instead of Cheddar as that is what I had on hand and the other was to cut the mayo in half (trying to cut the fat just a little). We both thought we would like to try this with lime juice in place of the rice vinegar. Thanks for the post.
I loved the sweet and the tart mix of flavors! I used a medium cheddara cheese, but the sharp would have been even better. Thanks! Made for Please Review My Recipe(PRMR) game.