1/1 Photo of Gingerbread With Warm Cinnamon Bananas and Rum
This dessert is to die for. A moist gingerbread cake that stands very well on it's own with no other garnish, but you just have to have the bananas as they tip what is quite delicious to over the top!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (Packed)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
For the Bananas
- 1Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- 2Butter and flour an 8 inch square dish and set aside.
- 3Whisk together the spices, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 4Stir together the molasses, soda and hot water and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 5Cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the egg into the creamed mixture.
- 6Add the cooled molasses mixture, then the dry ingredients, mixing only until blended. Pour into the prepared pan and bake in the oven until tests done, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 7In the meantime do the banana sauce. In a medium saute pan, combine the butter, cream, brown sugar, cinnamon and run. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook for several minutes longer, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes longer. Gently stir in the bananas and heat until heated through.
- 8To serve, cut the gingerbread into rectangles and place on dessert plates. Top each portion with some of the banana sauce and then a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread With Warm Cinnamon Bananas and Rum
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.5
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 98.0 mg
- Sodium 448.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 63.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g