Prep 5 mins
Cook 49 mins
A newlywed recipe that I got from a neighbor in 1968. It is good and easy and no one will ever know that you took a short cut. I love taking short cuts when I cook, but only if you can't tell.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Bisquick
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 4x6 loaf pan with Bakers Joy or grease and flour.
- In a large bowl mix Bisquick, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- In a separate bowl combine water, egg and molasses.
- Stir 1/2 egg mixture in Bisquick mixture and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining egg mixture and beat for 1 more minute.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve slightly warm with whipped cream.
I think this was excellent, fast and simple to make. Thanks for shareing
This was really easy and tasted great.
This was a great dessert! I used reduced fat bisquick and baked it in an 8x8 pan for 20 minutes. It was great warm with some cool whip on top! Thanks for the easy and satisfying recipe.