Recipe by mandabears
A newlywed recipe that I got from a neighbor in 1968. It is good and easy and no one will ever know that you took a short cut. I love taking short cuts when I cook, but only if you can't tell.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Bisquick
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 4x6 loaf pan with Bakers Joy or grease and flour.
- In a large bowl mix Bisquick, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- In a separate bowl combine water, egg and molasses.
- Stir 1/2 egg mixture in Bisquick mixture and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining egg mixture and beat for 1 more minute.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve slightly warm with whipped cream.