Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Warm, spicy homemade scones are kissed with a lemon glaze. From Betty Crocker.
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- lemon glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir gingerbread ingredients until soft dough forms. On surface dusted with flour, roll dough in flour to coat. Shape into ball. Knead 10 times. Pat dough into 8-inch round on cookie sheet. Cut into 8 wedges but do not separate.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Meanwhile in small bowl, mix powdered sugar, butter and lemon peel with spoon. Stir in lemon juice until glaze is smooth enough to drizzle. Drizzle glaze over wedges. Carefully separate wedges. Serve warm.