Recipe by Karen From Colorado
A flavor packed waffle for breakfast or serve with icecream for dessert.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, sperated
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, ginger, soda and salt.
- Beat egg yolk; add molasses, milk, melted butter and mix well.
- Beat egg white until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into batter.
- Bake in preheated waffle icron according to manufacturers directions.
- Serve with ice cream and orange sauce.
- Orange Sauce:.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a medium pan.
- Stir in orange juice and zest.
- Add boiling water.
- Heat and stir until thickened and smooth.
- Add butter and salt.