Recipe by I Can't Believe It's Healthy
These waffles are amazing! Crispy and flavourful, perfect for around the holidays!
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
So good!! I had to do quite a bit of math to scale this down to one waffle but it was worth it! I used less ginger since I love cinnamon, left out the cloves b/c I had none, but used the nutmeg. I also left out the brown sugar b/c I thought the molasses would be enough sweetness. I used a little more skim milk--and cooking time was around 4 minutes. The waffles looked "burnt" at first but tasted fine; I think the molasses just makes it look extra dark. I wanna try these as pancakes :-). Thank u for sharing; u always have gr8 recipes!
- 2 1⁄4 cups white whole wheat flour or 2 1⁄4 cups Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend or 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons smooth applesauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk or 1 1⁄4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet in another.
- Combine, careful not to overmix.
- cook in a greased, preheated waffle iron.
- top with maple syrup, caramel sauce, or whipped cream.
- leftovers can be frozen, then microwaved then toasted to be served again.