Cooking Light March 2007. Applesauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 (4 ounce) container applesauce
- 3 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
- 1Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 2Combine buttermilk and next 5 ingredients (through applesauce) in a small bowl. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- 3Stir in crystallized ginger.
- 4Beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- 5Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray, and preheat. Spoon about 1/3 cup batter per 4-inch waffle onto hot waffle iron, spreading batter evenly to edges. Cook for 5 minutes or until steaming stops, and repeat procedure with remaining batter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 215.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: