Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are awesome!! I made these to go in my gingerbread gift bag for all the teachers, along with Gingerbread Scones (Gift Bag) Gingerbread Scones (Gift Bag), Gingerbread caramel corn Gingerbread Caramel Corn, and Crockpot Apple Butter Crock Pot Apple Butter. Prep time does not include time needed to chill.
- 1 (14 ounce) package white chocolate chips, for a firmer center use more
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (14 ounce) package dark chocolate melts, melted to dip truffles
- candy sprinkles, Christmas ones are perfect
- In microwave-safe container or on top of stove, melt Candy Melts with cream.
- Stir in cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Pour into shallow pan.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours or overnight until firm but pliable.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, chill again until firm. You can do this my sticking them into the freezer. Reroll into a nice ball shape.
- Dip into melted candy; roll in sprinkles.
YUM!!! I did cool the mixture overnight, and so glad I did. Then once rolled into balls I put them in the freezer for a while before coating them. I coated in semi-sweet choc, I considered white choc as that is what my husband likes, but in the end I'm glad I didn't as I think it would be too much white choc. Got lots of compliments on these - they were soooo good!
these are sooooo good!! easy and great flavor. do let them set up over night in a pie pan so they are firm enough to work with. i used a melon baller to scoop out the filling and make balls. my son and i wore latex gloves so our hands would not be too messy. i used cooling racks to pour the chocolate OVER the truffles and the other chocolate went back into the melting bowl. better than dipping them. they sort of melted on me when i did that.
I was really looking forward to making these, but they did not turn out at all. I do not know what I did wrong, but the truffle centres came out gooey and way too runny. Less whipping cream maybe?? When I tried to dip them in the melted chocolate they did not maintain their shape and just started to come apart in the chocolate. Too bad :(