Recipe by Chella
I developed this recipe for an open house/Iron Chef competition party. Our secret ingredient was "ginger". This recipe won first place in the desserts and "best in show".
Top Review by Chefette2u
We tried this recipe for a Hispanic pot luck, alas - most comments were negative. Way too sweet, and the ginger did nothing to improve it. Also, way too soupy. Won't make this again, sorry.
- 2 (18 ounce) boxes gingerbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups ginger beer
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix gingerbread mix, eggs and ginger beer.
- Pour in deep 9x13 pan. (Must be a deep pan to hold the milks while soaking.).
- In separate bowl, combine milks and ginger powder.
- Bake according to directions on box.
- When cake is finished baking, poke small holes in cake and slowly pour milk mixture over cake until pan is full. Slightly lift cake in pan to allow milk mixture to soak under the cake.
- Let cake sit in refrigerator overnight.
- Top with Cool Whip or fresh whipped cream.