Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A simple and inexpensive light cake. Great simply dusted with icing sugar for afternoon tea, especially around Christmas time!
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden syrup or 1⁄2 cup treacle
- 125 g butter, diced
- Place the wet ingredients (the second list) in the blender.
- Mix the wet stuff in a bowl with the dry stuff.
- Don't overmix.
- Bake in a loaf tin or a 20cm round cake tin at 180 degrees Celcius for 40 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Yummy to smell and to taste. This was moist and a big success. I added some sultanas and used molasses - great recipe for mid afternoon with a cup of tea.