Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found these squares in the Southern Living Best Loved Cookie Recipes Cookbook. Made tonight for company and it was loved by all.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup lemon curd
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating until well blended. Add egg, beating until blended. Reduce speed to low, gradually add flour mixture, beating just until blended. Add molasses and milk, beating just until blended. Spread batter in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread with Lemon - Cream Cheese Frosting. Cut into squares.
- Beat cream cheese and butter at meduim speed with an electric mixer and creamy. Add lemon curd and lemon rind, beating until blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth.