Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a versatile mix of spices that can be added to lots of other things -- yellow cake mix, pancake or waffle batter, ground coffee before brewing, scones, muffins, cookies, whatever you want to have a gingerbread flavor. I sometimes put some of this mix in an 8-oz jelly jar and give as a gift along with cookie cutters, some standard cake mixes, and a sampling of recipes. I also use this to season my pumpkin pies and butternut squash custards.
- For standard size cakes (9x13 or two 8" rounds) use 5 tsp of the mix.
- For a standard size cookie recipe (makes 2-3 dozen), use 4 teaspoons.
- To flavor ground coffee before brewing, use 2 teaspoons.
- For pancakes or waffles, use 2-3 tsp to flavor batter that is meant to make a dozen or so servings.
- Experiment and try new uses!
WOW! this is fantastic! I added it to pancakes. Agree with prior raters, it is a keeper!
Oh my, this is a fabulous keeper for the fall season. Sky's the limit for the options that this blend would be good in. Oatmeal is my first favorite, followed closely by the addition to the coffee mix. I'm so so glad I came upon this recipe Susie. Thanks for a keeper~ Made for 123Hits!
5 stars because this is a lot more cost efficient in making my own spice blend...for a spice blend that is very tasty...for the versatility of the spice blend to be used in many ways (I used it in my coffee and the kids' pancakes today) and just the aroma! Oh how I wish we had scratch and sniff computer screens - I'd make a sticker out of this spice blend. Thanks for a very useful addition to my spice cupboard! Tagged in Went to the Market Game Apr 08