Recipe by running rachel
This is a perfect cake to make to take for after dinner or even breakfast. I love waking up to the smell of baking gingerbread!
- 473.18 ml flour
- 453.59 g box brown sugar
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml butter
- 9.85 ml ginger
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
Rum or Vanilla Sauce
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 59.14 ml butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract or 4.92 ml rum extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut flour sugar and butter together.
- Set aside one cup of mix.
- In remainder of mix sprinkle soda and spices. Then add eggs and mix well.
- Then lightly stir in buttermilk.
- Pour into a 9 by 12 greased pan, Then sprinkle remaining reserved mixture on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- For Sauce:.
- Mix sugar and cream together.
- Heat, when ready to serve beat in melted butter real well and stir in flavoring.
- Serve over gingerbread and then add cool whip if desired.