Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a perfect cake to make to take for after dinner or even breakfast. I love waking up to the smell of baking gingerbread!
- Cut flour sugar and butter together.
- Set aside one cup of mix.
- In remainder of mix sprinkle soda and spices. Then add eggs and mix well.
- Then lightly stir in buttermilk.
- Pour into a 9 by 12 greased pan, Then sprinkle remaining reserved mixture on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- For Sauce:.
- Mix sugar and cream together.
- Heat, when ready to serve beat in melted butter real well and stir in flavoring.
- Serve over gingerbread and then add cool whip if desired.