Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are just too cute! You will need gingerbread and/or animal cookie cutters. I think it would be fun to make the animal ones too. From Epicurious.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 white decorating icing, with small tip
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together. Add molasses and water.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, ginger, and allspice. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet and blend until the dough holds together.
- Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Roll out dough 1/4" thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutters and transfer to cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheets or cooling racks.
- Using the white decorating icing, decorate the cookies with "bones" so that they resemble skeletons.
I used these with Dinosaur cookie cutters. They looked like fossils...so cute! They were a big hit for My sons dinosaur birthday party! Thanks for sharing
such a cute idea!! I will be using the animal cookie cutters that came with the play doh!