Recipe by Debbwl
Scones with the wonderful flavor of gingerbread.
Top Review by Annacia
Mmmmmm, lovely scones that are ideal for Fall. I used Recipe #491474 in them and they were delicious. Really top drawer recipe that made beautiful fluffy light scones with a great crisp thin crust. So yummy with vanilla butter. Thanks Deb for a real keeper of a scone recipe. :D
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons gingerbread seasoning
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, gingerbread spice, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until it's in small pea size pieces.
- Stir in cream and chopped crystallized ginger until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Knead about 3 or 4 times on lightly floured suface. Divide dough in half and roll or pat each half into a 3/4 inch thick circle. Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on prepared baking sheet and bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned.