Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
Scones with the wonderful flavor of gingerbread.
Make and share this Gingerbread Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, gingerbread spice, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until it's in small pea size pieces.
- Stir in cream and chopped crystallized ginger until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Knead about 3 or 4 times on lightly floured suface. Divide dough in half and roll or pat each half into a 3/4 inch thick circle. Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on prepared baking sheet and bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned.
Mmmmmm, lovely scones that are ideal for Fall. I used Gingerbread Spice Blend in them and they were delicious. Really top drawer recipe that made beautiful fluffy light scones with a great crisp thin crust. So yummy with vanilla butter. Thanks Deb for a real keeper of a scone recipe. :D
I love scones & these may well be my all-time favorite of the genre. Your spice blend & this recipe combined to make a taste treat that I cannot resist. I made 1 chg to the recipe & added an extra tbsp of brown sugar hoping for a bit more sweetness & the result was perfect. This recipe will be among the 1st things I make for family members who visit here & is certain to conjure memories of my Mom. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-).