Scones with the wonderful flavor of gingerbread.
Make and share this Gingerbread Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, gingerbread spice, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until it's in small pea size pieces.
- Stir in cream and chopped crystallized ginger until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Knead about 3 or 4 times on lightly floured suface. Divide dough in half and roll or pat each half into a 3/4 inch thick circle. Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on prepared baking sheet and bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned.