1/2 Photos of Gingerbread Scones
From Biscuits and Scones by Elizabeth Alston. I haven't tried these yet but I love gingerbread and these sound good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Measure milk in a glass cup measure; add molasses to the 2/3 cup mark and stir to blend.
- 3Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 4Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or rub in with your fingers until the mixture looks like fine granules.
- 5Stir milk mixture and add; stir with a fork to form a smooth, rather soft dough.
- 6Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and give 10-12 kneads.
- 7Cut dough in half.
- 8Knead each half briefly into a ball; turn smooth side up and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Pat each piece of dough into a 5-inch circle; cut into 6-8 wedges; leave sides touching.
- 10Bake about 10 minutes or until medium brown.
- 11Do not overbake.
- 12Cool loosely wrapped in a cloth on a wire rack.
- 13Makes 12 to 16 scones.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Scones
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.2
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 95.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g