From Biscuits and Scones by Elizabeth Alston. I haven't tried these yet but I love gingerbread and these sound good.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Measure milk in a glass cup measure; add molasses to the 2/3 cup mark and stir to blend.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or rub in with your fingers until the mixture looks like fine granules.
- Stir milk mixture and add; stir with a fork to form a smooth, rather soft dough.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and give 10-12 kneads.
- Cut dough in half.
- Knead each half briefly into a ball; turn smooth side up and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Pat each piece of dough into a 5-inch circle; cut into 6-8 wedges; leave sides touching.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until medium brown.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool loosely wrapped in a cloth on a wire rack.
- Makes 12 to 16 scones.