1/1 Photo of Gingerbread Scones
These are the easiest scones you'll ever make! They actually taste better if you make them the night before you serve them...the flavors are more developed. Serve with Nutmeg Whipped Cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- 2Cut in butter with pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Make a well in the center.
- 4In a small mixing bowl, stir together egg yolk, molasses and milk.
- 5Add all at once to the center of flour mixture.
- 6Stir with fork until combined (mixture may seem dry.).
- 7Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 10-12 strokes or until nearly smooth.
- 8Pat dough into a circle; cut into 8 wedges.
- 9Sprinkle with sugar and a little nutmeg.
- 10Bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- 11Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Scones
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 368.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g