This comes from my Parish House Inn Breakfast cookbook, nutmeg whipped cream is listed seperately
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 400.
- 2combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- 3cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 4stir together egg yolk, molasses, and milk, add to flour mixture, stir until combined (mixture may seem dry).
- 5place on lightly floured surface, knead 10-12 strokes (until nearly smooth).
- 6pat into 7 inch circle, cut into 8 wedges.
- 7arrange wedges on ungreased baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- 8brush tops with egg white, sprinke with sugar (if desired).
- 9bake 12-15 minutes (until light brown).
- 10cool on wire rack for 20 minutes, serve warm with nutmeg whipped cream (if desired).
- 11Optional: Can make these ahead of time, freeze, and reheat on baking sheet at 300 for 20 minutes to serve.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Scone
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 230.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g